Saturday, May 9, 2015

Road Blocks Everywhere!

I've been a fan of the Paleo/low carb diet for nearly five years since I read Dr. Wolfgang Lutz' book: Life Without Bread.  This was in 2010 and I discovered his book shortly after he passed away at the age of 98.

I felt immediate benefits and lost 10 pounds fairly quickly.  But my last five years have been a time of learning and a time of rebelling.  I used to exercise like a fiend, and then abruptly stopped when I reached a plateau.  I've been up and down with exercise now for the last two years.

Many diet gurus tout the 90/10 rule or 80/20 rule.  They say do well most of the time and you are okay if you cheat.  Well, maybe I am 60/40 and not as committed because I don't see the fantastic results like those happy bloggers.

Here's the problem:

I am hitting road blocks, but not overly concerned by them.

I have a lot of energy.
I don't have aches and pains unless I really abuse my body mechanics.
I could use a bit more muscle tone, but I am in a recent phase of hating exercise.
My supplement plan makes me feel very good.

So here are some road blocks:

I'd like to get more tone and lose a few inches.
I am a few years older so that means some hormonal changes and more toxin opportunity.
I drink water all day long, yet I feel there is a problem with what's in the local water.
I don't eat grass fed meat and that's a big reality for most people, so I have a lot of toxins to get rid of besides the omega imbalance issue.

Well, I shouldn't let road blocks get in the way.  I should go around them. So, here is the blog of my adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment